nakto electric bike troubleshooting

It can quickly climb up to a decent speed of 22 mph, and with a bit of pedaling - a maximum range of 20 miles is claimed by the company. One way to achieve those health resolutions is by incorporating e-b We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. 8:30-4:30 Pacific time. My battery switches of when I start to climb a steep hill, what could be the cause of this? Thats especially common in folding e-bikes, and it can also result in the throttle not responding at all. They are Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) or Lithium Polymer (LiPo) batteries. Never charge a battery that has been subjected to freezing conditions, especially if it is still frozen. any suggestions? You can adjust the pedal-assist magnet position using a flathead screwdriver to push the disc nearer to the sensors. The final note here is dont let your battery get hot. Are your eBikes wheel bearings freely spinning? Ill head down that rabbit hole tonight. Check the Battery Charger. Keep reading, and youll understand why all of this matters. Support installment payment. Since I can remember, I have always had regular bikes and mountain bikes. Repeated this a few times. Used locktite blue on all and havent had another issue. Some electric bike models use flat pack cells - and these are known to swell if they suffer some damage. The Nakto Electric bike is cheap and durable for all your cycling needs. The comfort of this bike and ease of cycling makes it best for anyone with back problems and spinal issues because you can easily cycle . Many people are determined to make healthier choices, whether it's through diet, exercise, or other lifestyle changes. In some cases, these switches can get stuck - leading to their failure. Youll also want to make sure that you fully charge the battery for the first 5 charging cycles, this can be a long time so be prepared. This is to avoid the risk of overcharging or damaging the battery if the charger malfunctions. agarg_1; Feb 2, 2023; Maintenance and Repairs; Replies 16 Views 464. 4) If it's still dragging, adjust the clutch. 2. Another place to find e-bike batteries is eBay, but, its more risky as you cant tell how old is a battery and they dont come with any warranty certificate. The moving part of the throttle (the part you press with your thumb or twist with your hand) may have somehow gotten entangled with the wires inside. Call us (714) 603-7182 (Mon.-Fri. 5 Days from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm). Hopefully, the charger will now charge your battery, recheck the battery voltage, it should be pretty near to the full voltage of the battery. My battery seems to charge. All NAKTO ebikes are covered under our 1-year warranty for the original owner. Gonna try again, but worried it will give out again. Is there a motor controller fault? https://electricbike.com/forum/forurs-and-kits/bbshd/7747-bbshd-bbs02-error-list, Electric Bike Throttle and Pedal Assist not working. I was lucky and had a second bike to help isolate the issue (worked on my bike but not wifes). Nakto Electric Bike Controller . When cells fail, its usually due to being under severe loads. There you have it, a comprehensive guide on how to troubleshoot common problems of ebikes. One way to solve this is by dropping the assist level and pedaling a little harder when going up steep inclines or hills. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. In the short term, this wont hurt - but after a while, the batterys capacity will go down. For example, if your ebike is equipped with a 36V battery but the voltmeter reads 10 volts, then the battery is faulty. An electric bike only works if all the components are functioning correctly, which means there is no easy and quick way to troubleshoot major problems. As a reader supported site we sometimes earn commissions when referring to stores. Thats why e-bike owners must know how to troubleshoot their bikes properly before getting them fixed. Often than not, a severe voltage drop means that one or more cells in your battery pack have been damaged. This bike uses a different brake styles for the front and the rear, and it also affects how the wheel can be taken off. Support installment payment. Also, check the fuse or circuit breaker. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer. So it was working all day no problems then bam. I have a 72v battery that only charges to about 81.5v-82v, should it not charge to 84v. There are a few things youll be wanting to do as during this break-in period. Activate both brake levers a couple of times to try and free up the switch. The bottom line? Normally, cruiser bikes are designed for short trips around town, short commutes to work, or running errands; However, the OX is much more . Unfortunately, seeing as how the throttle is only working intermittently, thats an indicator that the wire damage is hidden underneath the insulation where you cant see it. For the discharging port, after youve got you results youll want to check our results list below. If the output on the battery charger is lower than the battery chargers rated voltage or if its zero, then the battery charger is defective. Your throttle, for instance, might have forward and reverse switches to change your bikes direction. Get a bike, lose the car, help the environment. Thats even more likely if youve tested another throttle on your e-bike and found that it works perfectly fine. Do I need a license to ride one? It loses only a quarter of the charge that NiMH batteries lose. Suppose you have access to another e-bike throttle. JavaScript is disabled. If you do this repeatedly, the throttle will eventually loosen or get damaged. Make sure that the brakes arent rubbing on the rotor or rim when the brake lever is released. To do so, you have to flip your hub motor backward. However, if it doesnt hold the charge, your lithium-ion cell is faulty. Melted or burned wires are a sign of overheating. Call us (714) 603-7182 (Mon.-Fri. 5 Days from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm). Continue with Recommended Cookies. Battery charger shows fully charged (green light) on 36 v battery. It is very easy to short your battery. Aostirmotor Fat Tire Folding Electric Bike A20 Commute to work gets easy with the Aostirmotor, a fat-tire electric bike that slyly zips through traffic and folds compact to fit under your desk. If theyre damaged or worn out, replace them right away. The next time to cut down on your delay time is to disconnect the battery,then hook it back up.All should be good.You say your going up hill and the bike shuts down. On flat ground, most ebikes have a battery range somewhere between 30 and 45 minutes. This common eBike battery issue is often wrongly diagnosed. Some speed controllers are turned on by pressing the M button. Your email address will not be published. Try and charge to 80% and discharge until 20%. A throttle might look like a very simple device on the outside, but open it up, and youll see that there are several components bunched in together with moving parts. I always wanted an electric bike because of how fast it is. From here, you can fully charge the battery pack and ride your ebike with the headlight on. One of the most common e-bike problems is the power cutting out. He said he would contact Bafang to see how to trouble shoot it. Were going to help guide you through the world of electric bike batteries. If this is not true, then our next step is to jumpstart your battery. The voltage reading must be a few volts higher than the battery chargers rated voltage. In this blog post, we'll be diving into the best electric bikes that are tailored specifically for short females. Copyright 2012-2022 EBR Electric Bike Review, Inc. Also operating under the name EBR, A1D01FE8-C72C-4FEA-A302-224D381425B7.jpeg, BB39D34E-1AA5-49FA-A486-BCD711572741.jpeg. These tests will work for both charging and discharging issues. High Quality Affordable Electric Bikes for Sale in the Philippines with FREE Shipping in Metro Manila. One owner's battery wouldn't charge from new. Thatll usually involve removing screws and popping open any plastic tabs keeping the throttle closed. It is very compact and you are able to store . JavaScript is disabled. Your issue here may be a tripped BMS or a charger issue.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'electricscootering_com-mobile-leaderboard-1','ezslot_12',149,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-electricscootering_com-mobile-leaderboard-1-0'); The BMS of your battery there is to keep you and your battery safe. The first step you should take to troubleshoot the matter is to inspect the wires or cables up close. Forums. Try readjusting it as well. There are plenty of electric bike batteries and chances are one will fit your e-bike. This just happened to mine. Doing that will rule out many possible causes early on and prevent you from accidentally purchasing expensive spare parts you might not actually need. To read more about our privacy policy click here. These programs enable us to receive commissionson recommended products related to our niche when we link to Amazon.com. Manage Settings So without further ado, lets get started! Your battery charger will probably feature a LED light indicator that changes states depending on the bikes battery level. I mailed him back with pictures and havent heard anything yet, this was earlier this week. First, select the battery that belongs to your eBike. 500C Electric Bike Display. Nakto Camel City Women's Electric Bike. If the damage is significant, then the switch itself may require replacing. Hopefully, the tips Ive outlined above will help you keep your eBike running fast - and for a long time. Was it a sudden start to the problem or gradual? 1. Thank you for your time have a nice day, About UsContactAmazon Affiliate DisclaimerPrivacy policy, Individual E-Bike ReviewsE-Bike Roundup ReviewsGuides and TipsE-Bike State Laws. I go home put charger unn port for battery they say it's fine. I rode it it was fine then it would stop. Mini Bikes; On Sale. Can you inform me how to fix it. Thats why your e-bike accelerates only gradually as you slowly twist your throttle! As you gradually push or twist the throttle, it will cause the battery to deliver increasing amounts of power and cause the bike to go faster. Deleted member 12676; Nov 3, 2015; 2-Stroke Engines; 5 6 7. Additionally, you need to check the battery charger port. I have used two chargers and they all cut out at 81.5v-82v, sometimes 80v, do you know what could be the problem. If you go into Asia, and particularly China, youll see that the most common battery used are lead-acid batteries. If nothing happens, youll need to try and jumpstart the battery. That makes it somewhat harder to notice if you have a swollen battery pack. The Nakto electric bicycle is built with a sturdy carbon steel frame (used in the construction of earthquake-resistant structures) which ensures that you'll use it for a lifetime. The model features two drive modes, that is, you can ride it either manually or by using the motor. Doing that is easy enough, as long as youre able to solder the wires to the new sensor yourself. As a result, its also one of the most common reasons why your electric bike may not be working properly. Do this slowly and dont put any strain on the battery. Once the speed controller recognizes that youre under 25 km/h, the battery management system will again supply power to the main motor. A Li-Ion battery is usually much lighter than a similar sized battery, especially when compared to the much cheaper lead-acid type. Next, check the fuse for the battery pack. The battery, which can be removed easily if not needed, is conveniently placed behind the seat. Luckily, not every hiccup with your electric bike means theres a major problem. If you find that the battery power dies out too quickly, then the first you should do is determine how long the battery pack has been left without charging. Youll definitely need a voltmeter now. But fear not, we've got you covered! As youve seen throughout this article, throttle problems are very common when it comes to e-bikes. The idea of this site came up when I bought my electric scooter, UScooter Booster for about 700$. Sit back and enjoy the ride, while we take care of the rest. In this article, were sharing a full guide on how to troubleshoot common ebike problems to help you get back on the road in no time. Following this advice should allow you to get the maximum lifespan out of your battery, and buying new batteries is not cheap, so it is worth the effort of doing. Next, youll want to double check the battery charging procedure in your manual, and then plug the charger into your battery. This time it will be up to them to see if they can help but it will now more than likely be a new battery. Wow ok Ill double check that. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer. If they can confirm that theyre faulty, then youll want to replace them entirely. The time length does not matter how often or not they have been used. Check the Battery Prongs. Thank you for understanding. 8. Li-Ion batteries can burst into flames, the risk is low, but always make sure of your own and your families safety. There is an easy way to confirm whether or not the brake sensors are indeed the source of your throttle problems. When Im using switch as well as kicking the bike, the battery or controller will shutdown and it will back to normal if I charged it for a second. A. You must log in or register to reply here. Heres the simplified version of how it works: Inside your throttle is a magnet that works in conjunction with your Hall Effect Sensor. Ready to get this nut cracked. Q: How to fix an unbalance bike seat? Youll want to avoid stressing the battery, and youll definitely not want to hit the low voltage cut off point. Nakto Camel City Women's Electric Bike. . Has the fuse blown in either the eBike battery pack or the charger? Electric Bike Throttle and Pedal Assist not working. Malfunctions of the power or pedal assist system on your ebike may cause issues associated with pulsating or occasional power cut-offs. Ordering online and your bike will be completely assembled and ready to pick up in-warehouse. Overall Score: 8.3. Just a thought. Accordingly, youll be facing one of 2 scenarios: If you know that your ebike has been sitting in the garage for some time without recharging and when you try to start it, the battery loses power too quickly, then its safe to assume that the battery is defective and will require a replacement.

Dentist Pulled Wrong Tooth Settlement Amount, Harris County Democratic Party Primary Candidates 2022, Does California Have Trip Permits?, Best Camping In Allegheny National Forest, Articles N

nakto electric bike troubleshooting