is bretby garden centre open

This means that we may include adverts from us and third parties based on our knowledge of you. Opening times: 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Saturday, 10am to 4pm on Sunday Derby Garden Centre Location: Alfreton Rd, Little Eaton Opening times: 8.30am to 6pm Monday to Saturday, 10.30am to. Ordered food. The salad was sadly very disappointing! As always you can unsubscribe at any time. Great garden centre. Would you mind contacting our centre manager on 01283 703355 and ask for Mark Shaw alternatively send him an email to mark@plantersatbretby.com. Sign in. Next by now it was at 1:15.. at 5 minutes to 2 we stopped a waitress and asked for the used plates to be removed and queried where the main course had got to. My grandsons meal was exactly the same (he had the roast beef too) after searching we finally found someone and sent the food back because it was cold. My mothers day 'treat' turned into a mothers day nightmare by the awful place chosen for what should have been and could have been a really nice time out. Thank you for taking the time to review our Garden Centre & Restaurant. Then we were told that there had been a problem with printing out the orders, but the food was now being prepared. Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our. I wish I hadnt seen them Please please please dont have them again as gorgeous as they are. We'd have been far better off going to a Wetherspoons, that thought alone makes me shudder, but I'm confident it would have been an improvementMore, called in as we were staying locally (knights lodges) at lunch time. Opening times for Plant Nurseries & Garden Centres in Bretby . This is a nice garden centre let down by poor service in the restaurant / coffee shop. Once ordered sat and waited, and waited and waited after waiting around 40 mins I was getting very inpatient and enquired as to where the food was as it was only two sandwiches and so the lady went to check then after another 10 mins the food finally came out I was okay hot just an average breakfast sandwich. Eggs over cooked, prefer soft runny eggs, chips luke warm and cold by the time I finished meal. the food we got was freshly made and tasty. If you are a WordPress user with administrative privileges on this site, please enter your email address in the box below and click "Send". Bretby Lane, Burton upon Trent DE15 0QS England +44 1283 703355 + Add website Menu Open now : 09:00 AM - 5:30 PM See all (30) Ratings and reviews 3.5 219 #16 of 27 Quick Bites in Burton upon Trent RATINGS Food Service Value Atmosphere Details PRICE RANGE 5 - 18 CUISINES Cafe, British Special Diets Vegetarian Friendly, Gluten Free Options The total bill came to 10.48. more. We have all our meats delivered from a local butcher so I'm shocked to hear you didn'tMore, We stopped here for lunch on our first day, nice sandwiches with plenty of salad and chips on the side, good choice of filling with some unusual but tasty. Bretby Garden Centre has a great nursery with a good variety of plants & shrubs to choose from. I will pass your comments on to the team. We had considered a dessert but having spotted a piece of their lemon meringue came in at a hefty 4.29 we decided we'd give it a miss, stupidly priced,! Then we were asked what we had ordered, so obviously it wasn't already being prepared. The rink can cater for up to 60 people at one time and stewards are on hand to offer their expertise on skating and make sure everyone is safe. We waited a ridiculously long time for the food to arrive considering there was hardly anybody in there, When the food did arrive, it came without any cutlery, so I asked the lady who brought the food to our table for some, she directed me back to the counter to get it! Decaffeinated tea was easily available, at no extra cost. Planters At Bretby is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travellers: Bretby Lane, Burton upon Trent DE15 0QS England. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page. Garden Center. Then for a cup of tea. New menus, again, because there has been another price increase. Planters At Bretby Garden Centre opening times Opens in 9 h 10 min Updated on 09/12/2022 Opening Hours Hours may differ - changed a while ago Thursday 09:00 - 18:00 Friday 09:00 - 18:00 Saturday 09:00 - 18:00 Sunday 10:30 - 16:30 Monday 09:00 - 18:00 Tuesday 09:00 - 18:00 Wednesday 09:00 - 18:00 Contact Details 92 Bretby Lane, 01283 703355info@plantersatbretby.comhttps://www.plantersgc.com/. Planters at Bretby Garden Centre, Bretby Lane , Burton upon Trent, DE15 0QS. You were given a tracking discwhich when you placed on the base on your table identified where you were sitting , this worked very well. Plates taken away but nothing more happened. When wefirst asked for an update, we were told that they were busy and there was a bit of a delay. During our meal a staff member came to the table, while we were still eating, to remove some advert for a musical event that lay on the table beneath the condiments and menus, knocked everything over as she did, which to be honest I thought was really quite ignorant and could/should have waited until after we'd finished and left! absolutely no issues yes its atad expensive but you know how much it is before booking and going. You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. Great prices with both too.Then for a cup of tea. Unfortunately I didn't time it! This is not the first time by a long way that ive been to this restaurant, being almost a fortnightly visitor, but I have never been treated so badly, either at Planters or anywhere else for that matter, before. Staff seem happy for you to do this when they know full well deal is on for the whole of January and February 2023. Service Wonderful but no Brioche Bun for Burger, Ask W8791ROjennyc about Planters At Bretby, Ask lindaann60_2007 about Planters At Bretby, Dont go unless you want to be ages waiting for food, Ask X6113FCmelissad about Planters At Bretby, Ask S213SMandrewr about Planters At Bretby, Ask grahamsH4134CA about Planters At Bretby, Ask Curiosity42795725507 about Planters At Bretby, Ask philandliz2017 about Planters At Bretby, Luke warm soup, overcooked fish and undercooked bacon, Ask angiebabe565 about Planters At Bretby, Ask Marcopolo186338 about Planters At Bretby. So, while I agree they did what they could to put my meal right, the bottom line is it shouldn't have needed to be put right. We waited a ridiculously long time for the food to arrive considering there was hardly anybody in there, When the food did arrive, it came without any cutlery, so I asked the lady who brought the food to our table for some, she directed me back to the counter to get it! Opening hours Reviews Monday09:00 - 18:00 Tuesday09:00 - 18:00 Wednesday09:00 - 18:00 Thursday09:00 - 18:00 Friday09:00 - 18:00 Saturday09:00 - 18:00 Sunday10:30 - 16:30 Are the opening hours incorrect? tad expensive but you know how much it is before booking and going. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. Tools located, plants chosen. Something went wrong, please try again later. Planters at Tamworth & Bretby | Planters Garden Centres The salad was very uninspiring, with no dressing. You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. The large plate was full and consisted of mushrooms that were cooked but cold, baked beans, tomatoes, a fried egg, two slices of very fatty bacon that was not to my liking, I like my bacon crispy and this definitely was not , so that was my mistake in not asking for that , 2 small pieces of hash browns and two awful sausages, they were tasteless with a rubbery texture and I suspect re- heated and finally two slices of whole meal bread with butter. Tel: 01283 . queues to order were VERY slow moving. Price range: 5 - 18. I could not finish the breakfast and felt quite sickly afterwards from the grease. When we first asked for an update, we were told that they were busy and there was a bit of a delay. Staff were lovely and friendly. Staff very helpful and welcoming. Arrived for a afternoon tea just before christmas at the tea rooms and were extremely disappointed with the food, 8 little quarters of ham and cheese two tiny mince pies and two jellies in sherry glasses, The worst to come was the scones that had been made up already with jam and SQUIRTY CREAM that had melted down and runny, we have had many afternoon teas at other venue's and been very . I love black pudding - half a piece on the plate. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. wouls call again if in area. Called in this afternoon for tea and cake only to be disappointed yet again that they only had one slice of cake that was not gluten free or vegan,this must be the third time there has only been one option for those not gluten free or vegan,cannot they work it out if they only have one cake choice at the end of the day for the majority of the population that they need to have more. And it's not just the ice rink attracting the crowds to the garden centre as Spotty and Blitzie the reindeer are on hand to put a smile on visitors' faces. "We're really excited to see what else is in store for the rink in the lead up to Christmas.". Bretby Hall is located at the top of a private road flanked by woodland, lakes and open fields. Vegetables available limited - just got carrots with Cottage pie. It started wth having to queue to find out where our booked table was. Your IP: Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information. **) and continued, inferring that I was lying about the food claiming to have used a probe on the food to make sure it was 75 degrees after I had returned it and she had microwaved it. not something I would have liked to have admitted to in the first place anyway which it might have been when it was in the kitchen but by the time it returned to the table it certainly was still only luke warm on the outside and still cold in them middle, the beef being still as cold as if it had just come out of the fridge, the potatoes now being like rubber (roast potatoes and microwaves really don't go together), but that was irrelevant as the whole meal was now just a mushy microwaved mess and was definitely inedible. well I'd have thought that was fairly obvious really. Anyway, after another protracted wait the plate reappeared with neatly folded ham slices, the eggs placed next to the ham, not on top (so they did listen in their defence) and the peas were hot, but I'm not sure what they'd done with them as they had a very strange twang almost disinfectant likeneedless to say they got left. Their idea of service (given their prices) is woefully lacking, certain staff members need to remember their manners and until they up their game on quality they seriously need to reduce the prices they're charging (10 for Mac n cheese with bacon served with garlic bread???). I took my plate of food back and explained the problem to the lady at the till enjoy sort of looked at me blankly and said 'dud you want me to sort it out for you?' Mince pies had hurriedly been put out, with a very good price reduction on those. The Garden centre is first class, well stocked and clearly laid out with good parking. The salad was sadly very disappointing! All seemed cheap food, with little thought to the preparation. Eventually I went up to the kitchen and asked when our food would be really. wouls call again ifin area.More, We ordered 2 prawn salads, for around 22 as I recall, including sparkling water. Then, just as we finished eating, we were brought two portions of chips free-of-charge. Shop all as it should be, minus the old live giant fish in his tank. I'm having a stall this weekend at the craft fair at bretby garden centre burton upon trent. no issues from us its a fab little confidence building rink she was falling on her bum on day one day 5 shes teaching herself tricks. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. Brie and bacon pannini asked for very very well donebacon and assistant actually said oh chef will be pleased as shes cooked bacon to much came out with all the bacon still pink and fat clear took it back to be spoken to like a child did receive refund for the pannini though will not returnMore, First of all this review is for the restaurant only. Tagine had cool spots! Save money by buying Tickets, Products, Membership Plans, Gift Vouchers for Planters at Bretby online. Off I go again to get more cutlery. I took my plate of food back and explained the problem to the lady at the till enjoy sort of looked at me blankly and said 'dud you want me to sort it out for you?' Tagine had cool spots! New menus, again, because there has been another price increase. Food was tasty but there was no apology for the wait,only being told Well we are busy. She was extremely rude, claiming that I should have rung to speak to the Manager (this confused me somewhat as she had said she was the Manager?? more, Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. So, while I agree they did what they could to put my meal right, the bottom line is it shouldn't have needed to be put right. The owner of this site is using Wordfence to manage access to their site. Then, just as we finished eating, we were brought two portions of chips free-of-charge. If you know of any other garden centres or nurseries back open which are not included in the list above, please email newsdesk@derbytelegraph.co.uk with details and we can add them to the list. We've had quite a lot of families already come down to have a go on the ice. I tried mine and at first glance it looked ok, bit light on ham given the price, but ok. Then I discovered the fried eggs were cold, I let it go as I felt it was possible due to the fact the eggs had been served on top of the cold ham. All seemed cheap food, with little thought to the preparation. The toast was on the plate with the rest of the food and was soggy from the beans. 01283 703355 info@plantersatbretby.com https://www.plantersgc.com/ Rating Annuals, biennials, perennials, alpines, bulbs, bedding plants, seeds, hanging baskets, house plants, indoor and outdoor plants; you name it, we've got it. Ordered Ham, egg & chips. We ordered 2 prawn salads, for around 22 as I recall, including sparkling water.We seemed to be waiting ages for the food. My daughter says her burger is ok, but she asked me to taste her coleslaw as it didn't taste right, and to be fair it did look a very suspicious shade of grey, so she left that. Performance & security by Cloudflare. The breakfast arrived without delay, I was sitting outside and being the furthest from the kitchen a temporary cover over the plate to preserve some heat might have been useful. When I finally plucked up the courage to take my hands off the railing, I realised it actually was quite fun and I would definitely recommend anyone keen to get out on the ice to check it out. Cold yorkshire pudding, cold meat, cold roast potatoes, cold frozen beans and cold frozen peas. Felt sorry for people with children as you could tell people were getting very irritated and the restaurant was just filling up more and more with customers and with guess would be waiting a hell of a lot of time. But then I got to the peas, these weren't even Luke warm, they were stone cold. Seasonal items available, including a huge range of LED scenes/vehicles. the food we got was freshly made and tasty. cafe/restaurant was fairly busy. Download the app Get a free listing Advertise 0800 777 449. keywords location . Ranked #18 of 30 Quick Bites in Burton upon Trent. Ice skating was being thoroughly enjoyed by family groups. But then I got to the peas, these weren't even Luke warm, they were stone cold. Mince pies had hurriedly been put out, with a very good price reduction on those. Let us know with the button below. Then we have to lay the pipes down to pump the liquid on and freeze it. Then, just as we finished eating, we were brought two portions of chips free-of-charge.I guess we were luckier than the people on the next table - the staff took their receipt into the kitchen to confirm the order - and still got it wrong!We also noticed that sandwiches have now changed back to being served with salad and crisps, rather than chips. Garden centres across Derbyshire have reopened this week in response to the Governments updated lockdown guidance. Opens at 10am until 3:30pm on Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th . Thank you for your review, we are disappointed to hear that you wasn't fully happy with your recent visit, and will feedback your comments to our team. Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right. Bretby Hall was converted by a private developer into luxury apartments and this property provides a wonderful opportunity to purchase one of the collection of these prestigious homes, with the added interest of a Grade II * listed hall setting. no issues from us its a fab little confidence building rink she was falling on her bum on day one day 5 shes teaching herself tricks. Cloudflare Ray ID: 7a2ae2586e8e780d Luke warm soup, overcooked fish and undercooked bacon, bacon and assistant actually said oh chef will be pleased as shes cooked bacon to much came out with all the bacon still pink and fat clear took it back to be spoken to like a child did receive refund for the pannini though will not return. 3 people chose food Soup luke warm sent it back came back with skin on where had been reheated to much Fish and chips were over cooked fish was near on black and chips pale Brie and bacon pannini asked for very very well done bacon and assistant actually said oh chef will be pleased as shes cooked bacon to much came out with all the bacon still pink and fat clear took it back to be spoken to like a child did receive refund for the pannini though will not return. What Types of Materials are Ideal for a Greenhouse. Annuals, biennials, perennials, alpines, bulbs, bedding plants, seeds, hanging baskets, house plants, indoor and outdoor plants; you name it, weve got it. The salad was sadly very disappointing! First of all this review is for the restaurant only. is yeoville, devon! Staff seem happy for you to do this when they know full well deal is on for the whole of January and February 2023. or vegan,cannot they work it out if they only have one cake choice at the end of the day for the majority of the population that they need to have more. deal as we didn't see leaflet until ordered food and ended up paying 5 more for poor food. Call us 01283 703355; Email us info@ . If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. To be fair, we were offered free drinks or a cake as compensation. Thecake was expensive, what was left of what had been there, many empty uncleared plates and domes. One cream slice had become a cream slide. Planters at Bretby Ticket Portal Home Branches My Account Search 0 Basket Home Visit our homepage; My Account Manage your details; FAQs Got a question? Unfortunately not the best experience and would be very reluctant to spend that amount of money again when I am not even offered an apology. Wordfence is a security plugin installed on over 4 million WordPress sites. Search for local Garden Centres near you and submit reviews. Poor quality food. Yell.com Yell Business. My wife and I are always pleased to visit Bretby garden centre, we always visit on Wednesdays as we belong to the to discount club and sometimes there are free offers, we also enjoy the good food in the cosy restaurant. Performance & security by Cloudflare. Easter chicks in the pet section were adorable. Should have read previous Tripadvisor reviews. The Bretby garden centre will be offering a wide range of Christmas fare and decorations. This means that we may include adverts from us and third parties based on our knowledge of you. Planters At Bretby. But then I got to the peas, these weren't even Luke warm, they were stone cold. commas needed to sort list of fillings- very confusing! Interior Plants. Open full screen to view more. Planters At Bretby: Bretby Garden centre - See 216 traveler reviews, 30 candid photos, and great deals for Burton upon Trent, UK, at Tripadvisor. Bretby Garden Centre. Buy Houseplants at The Plant Room in Richmond, Maximize Your Garden's Potential: The Ultimate Guide to Pruning in February, Why Hiring Is Easier Than Buying A Ladder Equipment Or Others Tools. By now you are in the garden centre and . So, off I trundle and get the cutlery, which when I get back to the table we spot is actually filthy and covered in baked on food. Won't be revisiting. Closes in 4 h 52 min. 2 photos. . If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. On leaving the cafe, a huge jagged rock was being used as a door stop, potentially a tripping hazard to some. Then once the table was found, to have to queue up again in with those just wanting cups of tea/coffee and cakes to order our meals. Please try again in a few minutes, Visited your garden centre today.as always you have a lovely placelots of plants and garden ornaments..and plenty of interesting items indoorsspent a good half day todayhad a lovely scones and tea.bought several plants and ornaments too. Click to reveal Some amazing stalls in attendance our fair offers a great few hours out . When after a further half hour someone finally came to take the plates away I voiced my complaint about everything i have mentioned above but there was no customer service at all, no apology nothing at all. We paid for our food at 13:19 and it finally came to the table at 14:10. Nice garden centre. It was swimming in grease. Off I go again to get more cutlery. Thank you again, we hope to see you soon :), We go often and have a coffee or a meal which is good value for money and look round the garden centre and the gift shop is ideal if looking for a special gift for a birthday or other occasions they have pets for sale which are well cared for ideal for children to see also while the go and see George the fish in his tank and say hello, Thank you for taking the time to review our Garden Centre Restaurant. Map updates are paused. No one at any time during our meal did anyone come to the table to check that everything was okay. This was the first breakfast we have had here and it will be the last. more details. We always enjoy our visit here, products available and reasonably priced. Staff seem happy for you to do this when they know full well deal is on for the whole of January and February 2023.

Gap Between Roof Sheathing And Fascia, Signs A Capricorn Woman Likes You Through Text, What To Say When A Girl Asks What You Would Do To Her Sexually, Articles I

is bretby garden centre open