dane witherspoon and reese witherspoon

"[132] Wild was considered as Witherspoon's "comeback" role following her previous career slump,[133][134] and she earned a second Academy Award nomination for her performance. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your device and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. She co-produced the miniseries along with co-star Nicole Kidman and director Jean-Marc Valle, her second project under his direction. [212][213] The following years, her appearance in many commercially unsuccessful films caused her to lose this status, and she was noted as one of the most overpaid actors in Hollywood in 2011, 2012 and 2013. [214][215][216] In April 2011, she ranked No. "My first memories of makeup are of [watching] my grandmother and the way she does her lipstick and her blush and her eyeliner. [26] In 1996, Witherspoon starred in two major films: the thriller Fear alongside Mark Wahlberg,[27][28] as Nicole Walker, a teenager who starts dating a man with obsessive tendencies, and the black-comedy thriller Freeway, alongside Kiefer Sutherland and Brooke Shields, in which she played Vanessa Lutz;[29] a poor girl living in Los Angeles who encounters a serial killer on the way to her grandmother's home in Stockton. Oh yeah, she gets dumped. ", "Witherspoon Gives a Dramatic 'Rendition', "First look: 'Monsters vs. Aliens' is the ultimate; a 3-D 'first', "This Week's Cover: The return of Reese Witherspoon", "Star-Heavy Big-Budget Love Story Bucks Trend", "Film trailer: Witherspoon, Rudd, Wilson and Nicholson in 'How Do You Know', "Reese Witherspoon, Owen Wilson Movie Coming to D.C.", "Box office: 'How Do You Know' flops; 'Tron' doesn't; and like the bear himself, 'Yogi' is soft [Updated]", "Robert Pattinson begins shooting for "Water for Elephants", "Fox Pushes Rio, Water for Elephants Releases", "This Means War Gets Romantic Release Date", "Fox to Release McG's 'This Means War' on Valentine's Day", "Everything We Know About Reese Witherspoon's Film 'Mud,' Filming in Arkansas", "Cannes 2012: Jeff Nichols' 'Mud' Slides Into Competition with Matthew McConaughey, Reese Witherspoon", "Mud Trailer: Matthew McConaughey and Reese Witherspoon Have a Southern-Accent-Off", "Egoyan signs Reese Witherspoon for new film", "Cannes 2012: Colin Firth, Reese Witherspoon's West Memphis Three Pic Gets Financing (Exclusive)", "Pregnant Reese Witherspoon Spotted Shooting New Movie", "Reese Witherspoon movie filming in Cartersville", "Pregnant Reese Witherspoon Begins Shooting Devil's Knot in Atlanta", "Reese Witherspoon talks of prom dresses, pregnancy and new film", "TIFF: WikiLeaks movie The Fifth Estate to open film festival", "TIFF 2013: All the night moves with Sandra Bullock, Reese Witherspoon and Jesse Eisenberg on the red carpet (but no George Clooney, sorry)", "West Memphis Three drama 'Devil's Knot' with Reese Witherspoon sets release date EXCLUSIVE", "Devil's Knot - film review: 'Colin Firth brings to the role all of his", "David Fincher in Talks to Direct 'Gone Girl', "Reese Witherspoon buys movie rights to Cheryl Strayed's memoir", "Reese Witherspoon's 'Wild' Adds Michiel Huisman, W. Earl Brown", "Can Reese Witherspoon Have Her Own 'McConaissance? "There's a point at which you need to get off texts," the mom of three said. Ava and Witherspoon have a very sweet relationship, and frequently post cute pictures together on Instagram. 29m Followers, 934 Following, 650 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Reese Witherspoon (@reesewitherspoon) reesewitherspoon. i told him i miss him and he said aww; la porosidad es una propiedad extensiva o intensiva "And I'm so proud of my kids. You light up rooms and always look for the best in people. [224][225][226] In 2017, Forbes reported her career earnings were in excess of $198 million, making her the highest-paid primetime Emmy nominee in 2017. [86][87] She also co-produced the Legally Blonde spin-off Legally Blondes, starring Milly and Becky Rosso. On Dec. 8, 2022, Ava looked edgy at the Celine Fashion Show, which was held at The Wiltern in L.A. She paired her new hair with a seersucker striped top, which she wore unbuttoned, showing off a black string bikini top underneath. [108], In September 2011, a year after beginning work on This Means War, she filmed a small role in Jeff Nichols's coming-of-age drama Mud in Arkansas, playing Juniper, the former girlfriend of a fugitive (Matthew McConaughey), who enlists two local boys to help him evade capture and rekindle his romance with her. [45], In 2002, Witherspoon starred in several features, such as Greta Wolfcastle in The Simpsons episode "The Bart Wants What It Wants", and as Cecily in the comedy The Importance of Being Earnest, a film adaptation of Oscar Wilde's play in which she received a Teen Choice Award nomination. It is named after her grandparents, Dorothea Draper and William James Witherspoon, who are said to be her greatest influences. .mw-parser-output cite.citation{font-style:inherit;word-wrap:break-word}.mw-parser-output .citation q{quotes:"\"""\"""'""'"}.mw-parser-output .citation:target{background-color:rgba(0,127,255,0.133)}.mw-parser-output .id-lock-free a,.mw-parser-output .citation .cs1-lock-free a{background:url("//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/Lock-green.svg")right 0.1em center/9px no-repeat}.mw-parser-output .id-lock-limited a,.mw-parser-output .id-lock-registration a,.mw-parser-output .citation .cs1-lock-limited a,.mw-parser-output .citation .cs1-lock-registration a{background:url("//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d6/Lock-gray-alt-2.svg")right 0.1em center/9px no-repeat}.mw-parser-output .id-lock-subscription a,.mw-parser-output .citation .cs1-lock-subscription a{background:url("//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/aa/Lock-red-alt-2.svg")right 0.1em center/9px no-repeat}.mw-parser-output .cs1-ws-icon a{background:url("//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4c/Wikisource-logo.svg")right 0.1em center/12px no-repeat}.mw-parser-output .cs1-code{color:inherit;background:inherit;border:none;padding:inherit}.mw-parser-output .cs1-hidden-error{display:none;color:#d33}.mw-parser-output .cs1-visible-error{color:#d33}.mw-parser-output .cs1-maint{display:none;color:#3a3;margin-left:0.3em}.mw-parser-output .cs1-format{font-size:95%}.mw-parser-output .cs1-kern-left{padding-left:0.2em}.mw-parser-output .cs1-kern-right{padding-right:0.2em}.mw-parser-output .citation .mw-selflink{font-weight:inherit}Witherspoon, Reese (2018). 99+ Photos Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon was born on March 22, 1976 in New Orleans, Louisiana to Betty Witherspoon, a registered nurse & John Draper Witherspoon, a military surgeon. In an interview subsequent to her casting in the film, Egoyan noted that although the role requires "an emotionally loaded journey," he "met with Reese, and talked at length about the project, and she's eager to take on the challenge. [157] The first two episodes were in the final stages of being shot before the production shutdown. And it was really clear that audiences weren't responding to anything I was putting out there. [202] That year, she was selected one of the "100 Sexiest Women In The World" by the readers of FHM. Deacon is following in his parent's footsteps and pursuing a career in the entertainment industry. [97], Witherspoon's second love-triangle film was the drama Water for Elephants, an adaptation of Sara Gruen's novel of the same name. Her second box office performance was with Keifer Sutherland in Freeway (1996) in which Witherspoon played a youth troubled by victimization and neglect who has a violent murderous streak, but in the name of protecting vulnerable youth from sexual predation by seemingly perverted men. Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon (born March 22, 1976) is an American actress. He passed away in 2014 at the age of 56. Deacon and his older sister, Ava, are very close. [6] In 2000, Witherspoon had a supporting role in American Psycho as Patrick Bateman's trophy girlfriend, and made a cameo appearance in Little Nicky as the mother of the Antichrist. She portrayed Jennifer, the sister of Maguire's character who is mainly concerned about appearances, relationships and popularity. Reese Witherspoon (s. 1976), yhdysvaltalainen nyttelij ja elokuvatuottaja; Poliitikot. Her father was a surgeon, her mother a college professor, and Witherspoon attended a . [231][232][233] They have two children together, daughter Ava Elizabeth Phillippe, born on September 9, 1999;[234][235] and son Deacon Reese Phillippe, born on October 23, 2003. [187][190] She acts as a spokeswoman for Avon and serves as the honorary chair of the Avon Foundation, a charitable organization that supports women and focuses on breast cancer research and the prevention of domestic violence. [211] That same year, she established herself as the highest-paid actress in the American film industry, earning $15 to $20 million per film. She also won the Best Actress Award from the National Society of Film Critics and the Online Film Critics Society. Reese Witherspoon is an American actress. [143], In 2016, Witherspoon had a voice role in the animated musical comedy film Sing, and served as a performer to the film's soundtrack. "I asked my dad about how it works, and he taught me all the stuff he knew, and then I started watching YouTube videos.". I love you, Tenn." While on a family vacation, Deacon posted some pictures of himself and Tennessee goofing around. Reese Witherspoon has enjoyed an impressive career. [223] That year, she was awarded, by the committee's unanimous vote, the American Cinematheque for being "a perfect example of an actress flourishing in today's world" and "an active and successful movie producer who is moving her career forward both behind and in front of the camera". The news of Witherspoon's death was shared last weekend by fellow soap star, A.. "My response is always, 'Duh How are you surprised that children look like their parents?' "[54] Meanwhile, Salon magazine concluded that the sequel "calcifies everything that was enjoyable about the first movie". [66] Next, she was cast as June Carter Cash, the second wife of singer-songwriter Johnny Cash (Joaquin Phoenix), in James Mangold's Walk the Line (2005). "[191], In 2020, during the COVID-19 pandemic, Witherspoon announced the "Draper James Loves Teachers" initiative, offering free dresses from the clothing collection to teachers. Dane Witherspoon was born on 27 December 1957 in Denton, Texas, USA. Could not be more PROUD of you.. She was a professor of nursing at Vanderbilt University and had a PhD in pediatric nursing. The savage murders of three young children sparks a controversial trial of three teenagers accused of killing the kids as part of a Satanic ritual. [67] "That was the most challenging part of the role," she later recalled. Witherspoon couldn't have been more proud of her son's accomplishment and she posted an adorable video of her dancing to the song on Instagram. I love you so much .". "[75] She also stated that she believed Carter Cash was a woman ahead of her time: "I think the really remarkable thing about her character is that she did all of these things that we sort of see as normal things in the 1950s when it wasn't really acceptable for a woman to be married and divorced twice and have two different children by two different husbands and travel around in a car full of very famous musicians all by herself. [194] In September 2018, she published her first book, Whiskey in a Teacup, which is a lifestyle publication inspired by her southern upbringing. But that's just the foundation. [6], He met actress Robin Wright when they auditioned for Santa Barbara. [217], In June 2013, Witherspoon filed a lawsuit against Marketing Advantages International Inc., claiming they extensively used her name and image in jewelry advertising without permission in the U.S. and internationally. The Big Little Lies star shared a rare snap on Sunday (Oct. 13), beaming alongside sibling John. I was just kind of working, you know. [181] In 2016, Witherspoon and Papandrea parted ways, and Witherspoon gained full control of the company. Verified. Reese Witherspoon sold a majority stake in her production company, Hello Sunshine, to a Blackstone-backed media company in August 2021. [67][69][70] Witherspoon's portrayal of Carter Cash was acclaimed by critics, with Roger Ebert stating that her performance added "boundless energy" to the film. In September 2022, Witherspoon celebrated her youngest's 10th birthday by sharing a sweet photo of Tennessee in a pair of oversized sunglasses and a blue polo. Tennessee also joined the entire family at the premiere of Witherspoon's animated movie Sing 2 in 2021. [19][20] She attended middle school at Harding Academy and graduated from the all-girls' Harpeth Hall School in Nashville, during which time she was a cheerleader. During the production shutdown, scripts were rewritten to reflect the pandemic. [208][209] The yellow dress she wore to that year's Golden Globe Awards was widely acclaimed. [139] Next, she appeared in Inherent Vice (2014), an adaptation of Thomas Pynchon's novel of the same name. "[17] For her role, Witherspoon was nominated for a Young Artist Award, in the category of Best Young Actress. One of Reese ancestors, John Witherspoon, was one of those who signed the Declaration of Independence. Whiskey in a Teacup. While in N.Y.C. She serves on the board of the Children's Defense Fund (CDF) and was named Global Ambassador of Avon Products in 2007, serving as honorary chair of the charitable Avon Foundation dedicated to women's causes. I am so lucky to love & be loved by a mom like you.". "[53], The next year, Witherspoon followed up the success of Legally Blonde by starring in the sequel Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde. [129] She portrayed Strayed on her 1,000-mile (1,600km) hike along the Pacific Crest Trail. [76] The film premiered at the 2006 Toronto International Film Festival,[67][77] but went unreleased until February 2008. 650 posts. ", "Women in Entertainment Power 100: The Stars", "If you've got time tonight.at 7PM on PBS #ActorsOnActorswatch me chat with one of my idols #MichaelKeaton", "The Movie That Had the Biggest Influence on Reese Witherspoon", "Reese Witherspoon Loves Pinterest & Jennifer Aniston CONAN on TBS", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Reese_Witherspoon&oldid=1139987180, This page was last edited on 17 February 2023, at 21:45. They're like, 'Ugh, it's my mom!' Cora Witherspoon (1890-1957), actri american; Dane Witherspoon (1957-2014), actor american; Herbert Witherspoon (1873-1935), cntre de bas american i manager de oper By. Frances McDormand. [13], Witherspoon was raised an Episcopalian, and has said she is proud of the "definitive Southern upbringing" she received. [130] Wild was released in December 2014 to critical acclaim;[131] Michael Phillips of Chicago Tribune wrote in his review, "Witherspoon does the least acting of her career, and it works. Her performance earned her praise and garnered her the Young Hollywood Award for Best Female Breakthrough Performance. The guy who possesses the most joyful energy, endless drive, ambition and talent," she wrote in the caption. "I talk to my older kids about the power of picking up the phone. [8][9], Reese Witherspoon has claimed descent from Scottish-born John Witherspoon, who signed the United States Declaration of Independence;[10][11] however, this claim has not been verified by the Society of the Descendants of the Signers of the Declaration of Independence genealogists. Nobody else is as funny or brings such charm to things. [62][63] However, LA Weekly wrote "[Witherspoon] ends up conveying so little of what's at once appalling and perversely attractive about the would-be mistress of Vanity Fair" and states that it may have to do with Witherspoon's vanity, "with an Oscar-less young star's need to be loved more than anyone could conceivably love the "real" Becky Sharp.". Is. On Feb. 2, 2023, the Legally Blonde actress spoke to PEOPLE during the Los Angeles premiere of her movie Your Place or Mine about how she felt dropping off her son Deacon at college. Reese Witherspoon Movies and Series Ranked. [205][206] Forbes also put her on the top ten Trustworthy Celebrities list. [160][161][162], In 2020, Witherspoon produced and starred in the Hulu drama miniseries Little Fires Everywhere opposite Kerry Washington, the televised adaptation of Celeste Ng's 2017 novel of the same name. Reese Witherspoon was born in New Orleans, and raised in an expensive part of Nashville. "Your brilliant curiosity and endless energy make me smile every day! And it is about compassion in the long haul, not just the short easy solutions to problems. [172][173] Witherspoon will produce two films including A White Lie set to star Zendaya, and a documentary about Martina Navratilova. "I never expected the kind of relationship that I have with them, but it's so rewarding to be able to have kids that you can process life with a little bit, and they help me understand the complexities of what it means to be a human now," she told Tracee Ellis Ross during the interview. In honor of his 18th birthday, Ava posted a touching tribute to her brother on Instagram, writing in the caption, "I cannot believe the first baby I ever held is now 18 years old D, you're simply the best. "Your gigantic heart, generous spirit, and endless creativity inspire me every day. "What I get a lot lately is they think Deacon looks like [Witherspoon] and Ava looks like me," he told Extra. The two were seen twinning in the orange blossom print from Witherspoon's Draper James clothing line. Dane Witherspoon (December 27, 1957 - March 29, 2014) [1] was an American actor who appeared in daytime TV soap operas Santa Barbara as Joe Perkins in 1984, and in Capitol as Tyler McCandless from 1985 to 1986. "I got pregnant when I was 22 years old, and I didn't know how to balance work and motherhood, you just do it I was just like every other mom and dad trying to figure it out.". "[44] The film earned her a second nomination for Best Actress at the Golden Globes, and an MTV Movie Award for Best Comedic Performance. Actor A Martinez, who also starred in the hit daytime drama,. [8], Although he continued to work as an actor for a few more years, Witherspoon eventually retired from the profession and lived in Denver, Colorado, where he died at age 56. Dane Witherspoon (December 27, 1957 March 29, 2014)[1] was an American actor who appeared in daytime TV soap operas Santa Barbara as Joe Perkins in 1984, and in Capitol as Tyler McCandless from 1985 to 1986. [7] The two were married from 1986 to 1988. "[116] Filming took place in Georgia in June and July 2012,[117][118][119] and Witherspoon was pregnant with her third child during filming. "Being a mom is really great, it's a big part of my life. AKA Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon. [125], In 2012, Witherspoon founded production company Pacific Standard (now part of Hello Sunshine). "[75] After the success of Walk the Line, Witherspoon starred in the fantasy Penelope, as Annie, the best friend of Penelope (Christina Ricci), a girl who has a curse in her family. [56] Witherspoon was paid $15 million for the rolea starting point which would make her consistently one of Hollywood's highest-paid actresses between 2002 and 2010. 3 on the 22nd annual People's Most Beautiful issue. She is a longtime supporter of Save the Children, an organization that helps provide children around the world with education, healthcare and emergency aid. [197] The club was born out of her Instagram account, where she posted photos of books she read. germany sanctions after ww2,

Moniece Slaughter 2020, Florida Man September 5, 2003, Union County Police Frequencies, Articles D

dane witherspoon and reese witherspoon