bbc radio 2 playlist: today

Fearne's also got a Girl Power Playlist, celebrating International Womens' Day. Playing What We Want - No requests. ever! For the best orientation of the music palette of the radio, which covers more than 40 years in numerous genres, the most skilled musical experts supervise the navigation in the vast ocean of melodies. With almost 15 million weekly listeners, BBC Radio 2 deserves the BBC radio station fleets flagship title. Radio 2 House Music - Ken Bruce Birthday Beatles Medley - BBC Concert Orchestra BBC Music 40K views2 years ago Radio 2's Piano Room Play all Watch amazing artists perform classic songs. The final song Ken played on the airwaves was perhaps fitting as he plumped for 'The End' by The Beatles. BBC Radio 2 is a British national radio station with daytime based on playlist adult contemporary music on 88.190.2 frequency and on DAB 12B. Our playlist stores a BBC Radio 1 track list for the past 7 days. @HappyStockton wrote: "#KenBruce I defy anyone not to have been in tears listening to Kens final words. Its a sad day for Radio 2 listeners. Please click "I agree" to ensure that you'll have the best experience of using our website. Listen to music from bbcradio2's library (1,146,438 tracks played). Contacts - Phone number, SMS, E-mail, Facebook etc. 03:00 Sounds of the 90s with Fearne Cotton 90s Hairbrush Singalong Mixtape vol. Radio 4 is your clever friend and 6 Music is your bearded hipster friend who drops around with craft beer and asks you to reassess krautrock. Twice he told listeners not to read any hidden agendas in his final musical selections. I realised why it forms the reassuring, unifying backdrop to so many multigenerational workplaces, from building sites to dental surgeries. You can find here the BBC Radio 2s schedule one week ahead and the related important information like the presenters name and the teasers of the programmes. The Apprentice double firing 'relief' as fans spot 'glaring error' nobody mentioned after 'worst idea', Jeremy Clarkson is voted sexiest man in the UK, Mum took sweet photo of her son before his first night out - 15 minutes later he was killed, Clarkson's Farm season 3 release date teased by Jeremy Clarkson, Jeremy Clarkson confirmed Clarkson's Farm is getting a third series earlier this year, UK snow map shows exact time snow is set to fall in Yorkshire as Met Office issues 24-hour warning, BBC Weather is predicting 17 hours of continuous snow in Yorkshire with a rare cold weather alert in force by the government and the Met Office, Yorkshire woman makes 15,000 a month on OnlyFans for 'lonely lorry drivers', The South Yorkshire HGV driver has been a hit on OnlyFans, Yorkshire waterfall walks you have to try at least once in your life, We've compiled a list of the top 10 walking trails in Yorkshire, I shopped at Jeremy Clarkson's Diddly Squat farm shop for a fry up - and it cost me a lot of money, Jeremy is the star of Amazon Prime series Clarkson's Farm and the popularity of the show has seen huge numbers of people flock to DIddly Squat Farm, Saturday Night Takeaway 'chaos and bedlam' as Ring My Bell warning issued, Last year Ant and Dec issued an apology for the chaos caused by their new game, Yorkshire's 'killer creek' that 'swallowed' couple on second day of their honeymoon, Barry and Lynn Collett died in August 1998, Kate Garraway shares Derek's final words as he believed he had minutes left to live, Kate has emotionally revealed what her husband said to her as he believed he had just several minutes left to live, Yorkshire has magical disappearing stream that turns into 18-metre deep lake - but only sometimes, Yorkshire tourist town ready for summer when customers queue from 11 until 11 and shops serve hundreds a day, As winter ends, the summer is fast approaching for the coastal Yorkshire tourist town, I tried the Sheffield takeaway crowned the best in the UK - and I've never tasted food like it before, Munchies was recently named the UK's best takeaway at the Just Eat awards, Tearful Huddersfield Town look resigned to League One fate after latest four-goal horror show, Neil Warnock had told his players he would not accept another performance like against Burnley last week, but if anything they were even worse as they collapsed on their own turf, Every cannabis farm in Yorkshire mapped as police relentlessly hunt down drug gangs, Tens of million worth of cannabis farms were found across Yorkshire in the last year, Darren Moore on Sheffield Wednesday's streak, time-wasting and Reece James' absence, A post-match transcript from Hillsborough after the Owls secured a slender but deserved win over Peterborough as they extended their unbeaten run to 21 league games, Police in Batley find huge cannabis factory in dramatic raid as six people arrested, The large operation by West Yorkshire Police on Friday caused a stir locally as police discovered a huge cannabis farm in Batley, Amanda Owen has 'stressful' time as kids fall ill at Ravenseat, The mum-of-nine admitted it's been a stressful few weeks at Ravenseat Farm, I watched my husband die after spending 200 hours in A&E - now I want answers for my family, The family of Danny Johnston, 47, have expressed serious concerns about his treatment, Notorious Yorkshire killer back on streets after bludgeoning woman to death in horrific attack, Craig Belcher brutally beat police worker Kirsty Carver to death in brutal attack at a petrol station, Neil Warnock press conference: Huddersfield Town boss on Coventry City defeat, Follow the Huddersfield Town boss' post-match press conference as it happens, I went to the 'posh end' of the Yorkshire village where Jeremy Clarkson grew up, One lady from the ancient village of Burghwallis described him as an 'arrogant child', Sheffield Wednesday player ratings as Vaulks and Iorfa catch the eye in Peterborough win, How we rated the Wednesday players in today's slender 1-0 win at home to Peterborough - a result that stretches the Owls' unbeaten league run to 21 games, Yorkshire village in 'no man's land' standing on each North, South, East and West border, Kellington may be in North Yorkshire but locals have West Yorkshire phone numbers and a South Yorkshire postcode. And so long as theyre not grasping greedily after sky-high salaries or behaving badly we want our becardiganed ageing DJs to leave gradually, gracefully, on their own terms. :). Thank you, and Ill miss you, replied Bruce, who broadcast from a desk surrounded by cards from well-wishers. The station also organizes and promotes events, festivals and concerts throughout the year which give listeners the . Its not a problem., When asked what tips he would give TV presenter Vernon Kay, who will take over his Radio 2 slot on a date yet to be announced, Bruce said: Vernon doesnt need my advice. 09/03/2023. A LIST . Afro House; ", while @photoquilter1 posted: "Bloody hell, I'm in tears now with Ken Bruce's final track on Radio 2. ", @Coxchat1 posted: "Ken Bruce has left the building. All parties agreed that the dispute over departure should not overshadow Bruces final show. Interplanetary Criminal) Michael Bibi & KinAhau - Different Side (feat. Role involved festival partnerships, team management, event and session programme of home-grown & international events, music industry opportunities, and maintaining . Over the last 46 years, I havent had very much time off, Ive attempted to turn up whenever Im required to turn up. Bruce first joined the corporation in 1977 in his thirties as a BBC Radio Scotland presenter, going on to present several different programmes. . Share. 131, Frdric Chopin - Prelude No. To hear that he had decided to leave (to be replaced by the younger, shinier-toothed Vernon Kay) came as a shock. As he signs off from the BBC after three decades, Helen Brown explains why his departure is such a blow, Find your bookmarks in your Independent Premium section, under my profile, No more Brucie bonus rounds to get us through the day. Paul, from Norwich, became the last contestant on Ken Bruces show segment PopMaster. Steve Wright today announced that he will step down from The Big Show, his Radio 2 programme broadcast. Sign up free 0:00 0:00 Welcome Bore-Dahlings to Owain's show, filled with Airdrum Anthems and your daily musings! Depending on the selected settings, some functions may become unavailable! Sugababes, P!nk, Haircut 100, Michael Ball and more stars live! He added: My belief is that, when Im given a contract, I work to it and complete it. Goodbye to the Master.". Displacing the stresses of life with a cuppa and trying to name three top 10 hits by Earth, Wind & Fire. BBC Radio 2 Help us, write to us on Facebook and in exchange we'll reward You with advertisement free use! Todays radio news Ken Bruce 70 was reunited today with his BBC Radio 2 colleague Zoe Ball 50 and the. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Easy Now, 5. Bruce read out a message from a listener who said that at your age, you now need a job that gives you a long break after every three records a reference to the advert breaks that will interrupt Bruces GHR show. The UK's most listened to radio station. Use our service to find it! And Ill be trying to introduce the odd track that I like into the playlist for GHR, he said. Jeremy and guests discuss the news headlines and talk to the people making them. txt/whatsapp: 07593 850 639 email: studio@housepartyradio.net - @housepartyradio, Brian Kennedy And Ronan Keating - These Days. During his final address he thanked listeners, members of the Ken Bruce Preservation Society who gave him a bottle of Irish cream liquor, and his production crew. BBC Radio 2 playlist BBC Radio 2 playlist Don't know what song's been playing on the radio? Join Last.fm for free to get your own music profile! that were often as long as those delivered by tearful Oscar winners. Install the free Online Radio Box application for your smartphone and listen to your favorite radio stations online - wherever you are! Similar programmes By genre: Music > Pop. bbcradio2 hasn't listened to any music in the selected date range. BBC's Richie Anderson announced as latest Strictly contestant By Lisa McLoughlin Showbiz Steve Wright leaves his Radio 2 afternoon show after 23 years By Robert Dex Music Arcade Fire cover. Broadcasts including programs with regular contributors such as singer Janey Lee Grace and Phil Swern. BBC Radio 2's programmes 03.03.2023 Friday LIVE - 12:00 - Jeremy Vine 00:00 - OJ Borg Ravio 2 OJ officially 'unofficially' starts the weekend! BBC Radio 2 is a British national radio station with daytime based on playlist adult contemporary music on 88.1-90.2 frequency and on DAB 12B. Through all the fear and uncertainty, Radio 2 kept calm and carried on. BBC Music Sound Of 2018. If you'd like to contact the show with a request, for Normal for the 90s, for 90s Crush Club or for Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Bangers, email Fearne now at fearne@bbc.co.uk. Echoing the Beatles lyric from the Abbey Road medley track, he added: In the end the love you take is equal to the love you make and I have loved being here with you.. 4 in E minor, op. John Peel Stuart Henry Terry Wogan Jimmy Young Dave Cash Simon Dee David Symonds Tommy Vance and. Give your afternoon the boost it deserves as Scott motivates the nation. Ken Bruce has signed off from BBC Radio 2 for the final time. Read about our approach to external linking. He then did his usual handover to Jeremy Vine, as he said: " For the last time, it's 12 o'clock, here's Jeremy." A new version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site. Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right. When sentimental hipster Shaun Keaveny was shunted out of his post at BBC 6 Music last year he told me he felt like an elderly Inuit relative pushed out onto the ice. BBC Radio 2 today announces a new afternoon schedule, to launch later this year. Radio 2? scrobbling since 26 Apr 2006. If the online broadcast of BBC Radio 2 doesn't start, or lags. Rather like golf, we trust people to play by the rules., My own mum died at home, before the ambulance arrived on 20 May 2020. Postal address: BBC Broadcasting House, London, W1A 1AA, United Kingdom, This box is not read by the Radio's staff! He also paid tribute to American jazz musician Wayne Shorter, who dies yesterday aged 89, by playing Birdland by Weather Report.. Diana Miro) Michael Buble - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), Riton, Major League DJz And King Promise Feat. Thursday, March 2, 2023 So my natural feeling as a broadcaster is if Ive got 17 days to do, I want to do them.. Steve Wright signs off from Radio 2 afternoon show after 23 years. I promise not to cheat. Trusted News Discovery Since 2008. Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies. May 2014 - Present8 years 11 months. Dont know what songs been playing on the radio? BBC Radio 2 - Radio 2 Playlists: Today's Top Hits BBC Radio 2 Radio 2 Playlists: Today's Top Hits Home Big hits of today and recent weeks. You no longer have to worry about not knowing what songs were playing earlier in your favourite radio. Wake up and embrace the day with Zoe Ball and the team. Fearne's also got a Girl Power Playlist, celebrating International Womens' Day. And I understand the BBC were in the process of preparing an offer for me to continue. Davies will introduce listeners to a new daily quiz replacing Popmaster. The council employee won 27 out of the 39 available points during the Radio 2 quiz which included questions on Sir Cliff Richard, Slade, Cher and Bob Marley. Stand-in presenters known to have covered the show include: Ray Moore David Hamilton Sarah Kennedy Ed Stewart Johnnie Walker Richard Allinson Jonathan Ross Alex Lester Ken Bruce Aled Jones Graham Norton Sara Cox Michael Ball Fearne Cotton Matt Lucas Mark Goodier Richard Madeley Ryan Tubridy Patrick Kielty Gary Davies Nicki Chapman Vernon Kay Lost & Found (feat. Broadcasts including programs with regular contributors such as singer Janey Lee Grace and Phil Swern. Well, thats your low-maintenance, dad-joking friend with an elasticated waist. Mon 25 Jul 2022 0930. Radio 2 will also broadcast each decade's charts from 1960-1999 during the Sounds Of The 60s/70s/80s/90s shows on Saturday and Sunday 11 and 12 November, alongside a one-off programme on BBC. The gigs will be broadcast live in Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show (Monday to Friday, 9.30am-12pm) and on BBC Sounds. The celebrities who came on to celebrate the Tracks of their Years were greeted like customers at his old car-hire place. Nowadays, it is estimated that BBC Radio 2 has over 15 million weekly listeners, mainly adults over the age of 35 (82% of listeners).

Why Is Connor Vanover Not Playing, Articles B

bbc radio 2 playlist: today