2007 saturn aura life expectancy

to help you make better choices for lifes big moments and the everyday ones in between. Some complain about cheap, plasticky interior. So I drove it to my local dealer, they reset the codes and updated the ECM. SafetyAs of publication, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety had not tested the Aura. Owners may contact General Motors customer service at 1-800-222-1020 (Chevrolet), 1-800-762-2737 (Pontiac), 1-800-553-6000 (Saturn). The 6 cylinder, double overhead camshaft naturally aspirated engine has 4 valves per cylinder and a displacement of 3.6 litres. Reliability indicates how models have performed in the past, providing the basis for predicting how the vehicles will hold up in the year ahead. All rights reserved. This car combines great performance, style, and reliability with super dealership support. Given the 2007 Saturn Aura's European roots -- the car's chassis is also used for the Saab 9-3 -- you'd expect capable and confident handling, and that's what it provides. With seating for eight and a spacious interior, it made for a solid. The only good things I can really say is it rides like a town car. running smoothly. Location: NY. Were not saying such cars dont exist, but theyre more the stuff of legends than they are the standard. There is currently a recall on this engine in every car model except the Saturn. While that doesn't shorten the life of the engine, it does shorten the life of the Vue! It is unacceptable to need a third (3) timing chain on a vehicle. I asked them how could the engine just seize up with no warning. Saturn takes a leap upmarket with the handsome and athletic Aura midsize sedan. Shop with Edmunds for perks and special offers on used cars, trucks, and SUVs near Rutland, ND. The contact pulled over to the side of the road and exited the vehicle. Reliability on my AURA has been horrific. Saturn Aura Change Vehicle Compare Average Retail Price $4,150 - $5,225 Join for Ratings and Reviews While the Aura is an improvement over the Pontiac G6 and Chevrolet Malibu with which it. When trying to take off the engine has no power. Power, only five minor recalls, and a, 100,000-mile life expectancy on the comparable Saturn Vue, , theres enough evidence to point to a 150,000-mile lifespan for the Outlook. We can help you keep your vehicle (and your life!) GM will notify owners, and dealers will install a retainer over the cable end or replace the shift cable as necessary. The failure mileage was 100,000. "CarComplaints.com" , "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" It's a beautiful looking, well-optioned car with good performance and handling. The vehicle may not be able to be restarted and the vehicle could roll away after the driver has exited the vehicle, resulting in a possible crash without prior warning. 02:33. Let Jerry pay for your car repair by saving you money on car insurance. FOR PRICING & SPECS ON THIS CAR VISIT: http://www.kbb.com/KBB/NewCars/Saturn_Aura.aspxSaturn Aura. In the affected vehicles, there may be a sudden loss of electric power steering (EPS) assist that could occur at any time while driving. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. It took me 10 minutes to switch to a National General policy that matched my needs. Elisa W. With regular maintenance and a little luck, the 2007 Saturn Outlook can last between 100,000 and 150,000 miles. I use the synthetic blend high mileage oil every 5,000-7,000 miles. The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Aura. Ive never done anything else to the car except tires and an oil change constantly and I have 190,000 miles and it starts right up no problems and the motor is very powerful for the car. If you cant fix them yourself don't get this car. Notification to owners began on on November 9, 2012. Notable options include power-adjustable pedals, a four-panel panoramic sunroof, two-tone "Moroccan" leather trim and XM Satellite Radio. Influence-free. Ride & HandlingThe Auras road manners are a pleasant surprise. sample size to provide results of statistical confidence. Retrieve your username. The power steering system has a design flaw in the intermediate steering shaft. I have a code reader and was always able to clear them. For some model years, typically those of older or less popular cars, we do not have a large enough You arent likely to get much use out of one with more than 100,000 miles on it., How to extend a 2007 Saturn Outlooks life expectancy. But the saturnfans web site did introduce some notes of caution- I had the sense GM rushed the car into production a bit soon. Although it shares a platform with the Chevy Malibu, the Aura family sedan isnt quite as well-rounded. Bulletin 14115 covers model year 2004-2007 Saturn Ion, 2009-2010 Chevrolet HHR and 2010 Chevrolet Cobalts. Cargo & TowingAt 14.9 cubic feet, the Auras trunk is comparable to the competition. Standard safety features for all 2007 Saturn Auras include four-wheel antilock disc brakes, traction control, the OnStar emergency communications system, front seat side airbags and full-length side curtain airbags. The six-speed automatic includes a. On these vehicles, the tabs on the transmission shift cable end may fracture and separate. Thats what some say, and its hard to argue when reports show that rotors could start to warp as early as 500 miles off the dealer lot. Very comfortable BUT they have some expensive problems. The 2022 Polestar 2 now includes Apple CarPlay as a standard feature. Used Ford Transit Connect Passenger Wagon 2012, New Audi Q5 Sportback for Sale in Monument, CO, Best Lincoln Nautilus Lease Deals in Palmdale, CA, New Audi A6 Allroad for Sale in Apple Valley, CA, Best BMW X4 M Lease Deals in Elizabeth, NJ, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. This is not acceptable, why? California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. Join Date: Sep 2004. restart on its own after 10-15 minutes, usually accompanied by a random warning light (never the same one). One disclaimer before we begin: its hard to predict how long a model will last, especially one with such a short run on the market. replacement of both catalytic convertors, one of which was under warranty. Leasing, on the other hand, Based on the same platform used for the Pontiac G6 sedan, the new-for-2007 Saturn Aura features a powerful engine lineup as well as a more upscale cabin. Click here to find out what to do if your tire pressure warning light wont go out. The recall began on August 18, 2014. An available glass roof is made of four pieces (three of which can be retracted) and includes a power sunshade. Support NPR & the programs you love. A four-speed automatic comes standard on the Green . Even when driving on oftentimes-noisy concrete roads or next to semi trucks, the Auras cabin remains impressively quiet. to get the information you were looking for! that car buying is the way to go. The cabin does have some strong points. ! To keep it safe from damaging car accidents, youll also need to invest in, Common 2007 Saturn Outlook problems to watch out for, The 2007 Saturn Outlook has only a few recalls, but it isn't free of hiccups. The dealer diagnosed that the timing chain and tensioner belt needed to be replaced. alternator life expectancy S-Series Tech saturnfans.com - . I was having trouble with my engine light coming on and reduced engine power and traction control off and throwing codes. Although it shares a platform with the Chevy Malibu, the Aura family sedan isn't quite as well-rounded. GM will notify owners, and GM dealers will replace the shift cable assembly and mounting bracket, free of charge. The transmission went out a year ago and was of course a recall for many other Auras except our specific one. Is it better to lease or buy a car? Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. The recall began on July 17, 2014. Check out our Saturn Aura overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Aura. While driving approximately 55 mph, the engine warning light illuminated. We still dont recognize that sign in. And it matches up well against such top competitors as the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry. This car has been a bust since the warranty expired. I brought it in Mar 2011 with 10,200 miles on it. Save products you love, products you own and much more! The Aura delivers excellent safety features a roomy interior, but it can't match the interior material quality of others in its class. Had that replaced, now its the timing chain, which is also a common complaint of the Aura yet there is no recall. Heres hoping the Aura will eventually get a high-performance Red Line variant with the bulging fender flares, side skirts and gaping lower grille that gave the concept such a sense of presence. Quality materials and a pleasing mix of simulated wood and metallic accents give the cabin an upscale ambiance, while acoustic glass for the windshield and front windows contributes to the serenity. Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Copyright Policy. Step on the GAS pedal 3 times. It has some flaws, but not many - an excellent car at an excellent price. Currently the Saturn Aura has a score of 8.1 out of 10, which is based on our evaluation of 61 pieces of research and data elements using various sources. This data is from the NHTSA the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Power, only five minor recalls, and a 100,000-mile life expectancy on the comparable Saturn Vue , there's enough evidence to point to a 150,000-mile lifespan for the Outlook. Saturn Aura 2007-2009 Road Test. 2 months into ownership, i thought i had a bad wheel. The contact mentioned that smoke was seen coming from the hood of the vehicle before it caught fire. Although I was initially impressed with the Auras interior design, I began to notice flaws after spending a few days behind the wheel. I was flabbergasted. While they were working on it I called GM owner assistance because at this point I had some feelings of mistrust. With the 3.6-liter V6, acceleration is strong and smooth at any speed -- with six gears to choose from, the power is always on tap. The XRs engine use in current models like the, speaks well of its longevity. . 2007 VUE 2.2L. GM's number for this recall is 13036. It has disabled on me about five times now without warning and does so at any speed. position, the transmission may not be in ?PARK.? Reliability data is scant, but it's safe to say the 2007 Saturn Outlook's life expectancy is up to 150,000 miles. I was largely willing to give GM the benefit of the doubt. Between a 73/100 score for reliability from J.D. An expected Aura Green Line hybrid could fill this gap. Maximum towing capacity is 1,000 pounds when properly equipped. Unfortunately, the Aura brought its own problems: namely cheap brake parts that needed early replacement and a gear shifter that could say its in park while the transmission was still engaged. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration awarded the Aura five stars for both the driver and passenger in its frontal crash test. 2007 Saturn Aura specs Great warranty, and very reliable. A technical service bulletin was issued for certain effected vehicles of the same year with the same engine but excludes the satun/Aura xr: I started the car (in the rain) suddenly the tc light came on and also the warning words engine power reduction. type of car you're interested in and then select a used car from our massive database to The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. Available styles include XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A), XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A), and Green Line 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A). Support NPR & the programs you love. My sons 2005 Vue 5 speed has 217,000 and is still going strong. Folding the standard 60/40-split rear seats exposes a wide but not especially tall opening between the trunk and the cabin. I am the 2nd owner of this Aura XR. The 3.5-liter V-6 provides more-than-adequate acceleration, and the smooth 3.6-liter V-6 is stronger still. Stability control is standard on the XR and Green Line but not available on the XE. GM's number for this recall is 14152. The system works well in practice, though its not always available in rural areas. 2007 Saturn Aura Transmission Oil Cooler. The 2007 Saturn Aura won the prestigious 2007 North American Car of the Year award, and is a Consumer Guide recommended vehicle. Protect Yourself From Indoor Air Pollution, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. When I did it was running rough. Nice to have OnStar in case of emergency, Saturn AURA Reliability And Durability: Cons. Big mistake. Once you have identified a used vehicle Save up to $1,943 on one of 147 used 2007 Saturn Auras near you. Here's our Outlook on the old Saturns durability. Average life expectancy for a Saturn Outlook. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. General Motors LLC (GM) notified the agency on April 29, 2014, that they are recalling 56,214 model year 2007 and 2008 Saturn Aura vehicles. Some GM Outlook owners have reported getting. It been happen every week.I be driving all the sudden the tc light come on also the engine light and the speed reduce I pull over and cut the car off for awhile then the tc light go off and the speed come back. The larger V-6 sounds more refined under hard acceleration, emitting a muted growl, but most drivers should be happy with the base V-6s performance. Jeep Clutch Recall Involves Gladiator and Wrangler SUVs, warped rotors that cause the car to wobble, read stories from drivers who praise our work. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. Jeep Clutch Recall Involves Gladiator and Wrangler SUVs, warped rotors that cause the car to wobble, read stories from drivers who praise our work. These cars (and their parts) simply arent getting any younger, nor are they collectibles. 974 Videos, Protect Yourself From Indoor Air Pollution, Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid & LT 2008-2012 Road Test, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Repair cost $ $1,667.05. Click here to learn how to use this hand-free feature. We arent paid for reviews or other content. If youre shopping for a 2007 Saturn Outlook, consider only a model with detailed service records, low mileage, and an exemplary, . it is the third timing chain on the car. The vehicle was not repaired. The optional four-panel panoramic sunroof provides a larger than normal opening when retracted and a see-through roof when it's closed. Brake problems, including uneven wear and warped rotors that cause the car to wobble, are common complaints from 2007 owners. These are very stylish-looking cars. The base XE comes with 17-inch wheels, air-conditioning, full power accessories and a stereo with a CD player and auxiliary input jack. Use our tools to calculate monthly payments or figure out which cars you can afford. Where is the OBD port on a 2019 Honda CR-V? Put the key in the ignition and turn it to the on position. The car restarted after sitting a few minutes with reduced engine power for the first twenty miles - I could top out at about 45 and hear an electrical engagement sound. The four-wheel. out what other owners paid for the Used 2007 Saturn Aura. Hoping with good maintenance I can push this baby to 300,000 miles. View all Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Both trips to the dealer were the result of all gauges malfunctioning, all warning lights & messages coming on, and all electrical systems (like traction control) shutting off while driving. I am at 236,000 miles, and have no issues with burning oil. The recall began in September 2014. I pulled into a parking lot and the engine light and reduced power and traction off warning came on. Member . ^^^ And if the 2.2 has the Vti tranny with it. The base V-6 Aura undercuts V-6 versions of the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry by thousands of dollars, but with todays volatile fuel prices, the lack of a four-cylinder option is puzzling, regardless of the Auras upmarket positioning. The four-wheel independent suspension has front and rear stabilizer bars, and when cornering, the XR model remains impressively flat for a family sedan; body roll is well controlled. A vehicle rollaway increases the risk of injury to exiting occupants and bystanders. It's also good if you're someone who likes to drive a Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. Several problems in the first month of ownership. It's been a while since I owned a SATURN, really miss my SATURN's, and was wondering which engine on the Vue (2002-2007) models have the best engine life? The rear seats closest to the doors have comfortable backrests, and theres sufficient legroom thanks in part to the carved-out backs of the front seats, which create extra room for the knees of rear passengers. While accelerating is loudest while taking a turn, the probl The contact mentioned that other drivers noticed and informed the contact that the rear of the vehicle was on fire. Various warning lights illuminated prior to the failure. The pricing was reasonable with standard sales, but Saturn became yet another casualty of the recession in 2010and the Outlook went down with it. //-->. The 2007 Aura Green Line has a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine mated to an electric motor; together, they make 164 hp and 159 lb-ft of torque. Re: 2001 SL1 life expectancy. Saturn vue 2.2 crank no start, replaced fuel pump ,car ran 2/22/2023 1/1/0001; What part is this on my auto Saturn vue? The Aura also fails to include basic features like grab handles, and theres no center armrest for rear passengers. On top of low prices, Advance Auto Parts offers 1 different trusted brands of Wiper Motor products for the 2007 Saturn Aura. Your username maybe be your email address. Based on information received from our latest subscriber survey, our reliability history charts give you a rundown on how used vehicles are holding up in 17 potential trouble spots, ranging from the engine, transmission, and brakes to power equipment and the electrical system. The dealer called me after 3 hours and told me they were not going to charge me the service fee and my engine was seized. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000. These charts provide the most comprehensive reliability information available to consumers. account information here. Four-wheel disc brakes deliver linear stopping performance. Owners may contact Chevrolet at 1-800-630-2438, Saturn at 1-800-553-6000, and Pontiac at 1-800-620-7668. Two of the three powertrains offered in the Aura merit special mention. Oil pan gasket replacement is $675.00 minimum because of how buried, how hard, and time it takes to get to it. The 3.6-liter V-6 drives a new six-speed automatic that was jointly developed with Ford and will be used in their vehicles, including the new 2007 Edge crossover SUV. For the 2007 model year, it's releasing its new Aura, and this one finally looks to be a car that you'll want to take a look at. Unfortunately, the Aura brought its. "The Aura's confident styling is backed up by eager handling combined with a comfortable and surprisingly quiet highway ride," says Kelley Blue Book. They just want to sell you a new car. While the Aura is an improvement over the Pontiac G6 and Chevrolet Malibu with which it shares its platform, the Aura does not measure up to the best family sedans. If you're in the market for an affordable midsize. I was told it was likely a sensor on the brake pedal and they had to order the part. The Green Line is the hybrid version, and other than having 16-inch wheels (versus 17s) its equipment level mirrors that of the XE. Her hobby is collecting hobbies like aquascaping, farming, and miniature-making. A set of new headlights will cost from $275 to $350. SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General: Average life span of OEM parts? Get answers to everyday maintenance questions and take better care of . During the transmission repair, i was informed that the engine's rear seal was leaking. Mostly 0641, 0107, 0106 and 1682. ELECTRICAL SYSTEM, ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL, EXTERIOR LIGHTING, VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL. I took it to the dealership but the traction control and engine lights were gone by the time I got there and it was back up to power. Meanwhile, a busted gear shifter cable lead to some unwanted rollaways. "It's not an official category, but the Aura would get 10 points out of 10 for being a perfect 'almost,' " says Car and Driver. Used 2007 Saturn Outlook Pricing. The center dashboards controls are smartly arranged, and power adjustable pedals are optional. Edmunds lets you track your vehicle's value over time so you can decide when to sell or trade in. The manufacturer distributed an Interim letter to customers on July 14, 2014. How to lower your Saturn Outlook insurance costs. on time with the highest quality materials you can afford. In the Aura, the engine produced 219 hp (163 kW) and 220 lbft (300 Nm) of torque. Currently pursuing lemon law for a buyback or compensation. For the outside, Saturn chose to give the Aura a European look. /* 728x90, created 4/10/11 */ I tried to clear them with my code reader but they wouldn't clear. With strengths including a balanced approach to ride and handling, upscale styling, a classy cabin and generous safety features, this is a Saturn that's finally competitive against the leaders in the midsize family sedan segment. I tried to restart the car and all I got was a mild clicking sound I noticed a burning smell from under the hood, so I thought the ECM burnt up. After rebuilding the head and replacing the timing chain set, balance shaft chain set, and timing chain tensioner it has run flawlessly. problems with timing chain & timing chain tensioners easily go unnoticed and cause serious damage to the vehicle. With its well-rounded personality and attractive design, the Aura finally gives Saturn a legitimate contender in the midsize family sedan segment. GM's workhorse 3.5-liter V6 provides respectable punch as well, along with excellent fuel economy. In an Edmunds.com comparison test, the Green Line was the slowest to 60 mph and averaged just 26 mpg, compared to figures in the low 40s for the Toyota Camry and Nissan Altima hybrids.

Boze From Danger Force, Dog Friendly Boat Rides Newport, Ri, Denny's Chicken Addiction Bowl Recipe, Folsom Women's Facility, Astros City Connect Youth Jersey, Articles OTHER

2007 saturn aura life expectancy